This is the first retail release of Sunless Sea – it should be available in just a few hours (when Humble Bundle set the build live). Here’s what you can expect!
- Khan’s Heart and Khan’s Glory, the ports of the New Khanate. (Khan’s Shadow is also available to visit, although it’s quite spartan just now). The Snares is also rather prettier.
- A huge rebalance to spawning and enemy difficulty. They’re more wide-spread, less likely to gang up on you in numbers and in some cases much more dangerous.
- More stories in nearly all the existing ports.
- A new London shop and a number of Bridge items to equip – choose improved glim-lamps that focus on your Mirrors stat, or less powerful, more subtle instrumentation to hunt enemies without denting your Veils
- More combat options for you and enemies, including Potent Flares, Obscure Overloads and the use of the Unclear Device.
- Unforgiving vs Merciful Mode for saving options! Unforgiving is the default autosave-only option – Merciful Mode allows manual saving. There are explanations in game.
- Defy the gods! Turn your back on Salt, Stone and Storm for a huge one-time Terror decrease – but you’ll cut yourself off from them forever.
Our next major release will be on 1st July – we’ve split the originally planned GOLD release into GOLD and CORSAIR’S GOLD, so we can sort out some Steam features. The Steam release will, oddly enough, also be on 1st July – backers, and anyone buying through Humble Bundle, will get Steam keys after that!