Build Version: 22.214.171.124.cd2a9a87a
Release Date: 07/06/2018
The first batch of new officers have been released and you can now talk to them and assign them to benefit from their stat boosts. Assigning an officer can only be done when docked. Open the officer’s interface on the navigation bar and click the little circle next to their icon. The cap icon will show when they have been successfully assigned. You can talk to your officers either by clicking on their icon within the officer’s interface, or on the officer HUD in the top right of the screen.
New on the scene are the Incognito Princess, the Repentant Devil and the Rat Brigade, all with their own storylines and ambient messages which fire as you approach ports and various discoveries. Existing Officers like the Inconvenient Aunt and Fatalistic Signalman have also received updates and expansions to their storylines. The Incautious Driver and Clay Conductor’s storylines will be available in a future build.
Mascots are also available in this update. The Obviously Delicious Rabbit is available for our Kickstarter backers and the Useless Cat and Inadvisably Big Dog can now be acquired. The Perfect Pangolin has also been deployed but since she is obtained at a port in Eleutheria you’ll need to wait for the next update to get your hands on her. Similarly the Blemmigan Voyager will be released in a future update. Like officers, all mascots offer stat boosts when equipped and can be interacted with.
We’ve jazzed up the character creation screen. Not only has it received a new background and icons but there are now four new Origins and a new Ambition: The Song of the Sky.
This update to the character creation screen does not include additional character attributes (e.g. noses, chins, brows, etc.) but it does include two new ‘hats’ – a turban and a hijab for our Sikh and Muslim communities respectively.
We’ve also spruced up the Character Progression screen. In the last update we added a few additional Facets and now there are even more to choose from as you level up your captain.
Victory Screen and Heirlooms
We now have the Victory screen in place for when you complete your Ambition, which is very similar to the legacy screen when you die and create a new captain. After successfully completing your Ambition, your successor will receive everything that a new captain would after the death of an old one, only they will not have a piece of equipment removed and they will receive a very prestigious Heirloom quality. Heirlooms will be displayed in your Possessions interface. Have fun collecting them all!
Headlights can now be toggled on and off (L on the keyboard, controller support coming soon). Turning your headlight off will cause your current rate of Terror gain to double. Toggling your headlight will have more implications in later builds.
The chart now has an expandable legend. The regions have been separated and scrolling away from the centre of your current region is limited, but you can toggle between regions using the arrows on the legend.
Wrath and Health Feedback
In the last update we added the wrath crescent, a little arc of red light that pulses and indicates the direction of an agent that has taken a dislike to you. We’ve also added some additional wrath feedback mechanics in this build. All mechanical agents now have white lights along their hull and when you invoke their wrath they go to red alert! Organic agents emit a red aura of rage.
All agents now have health feedback too. Mechanical agents will start to smoke when they reach 50% health and will go on to catch fire at 25%. Organic agents start to spew ‘blood’ particles at 50%, which gets worse at 25%.
There’s a new locomotive available at London: the Agravain. The Altani has been removed from London and added to a port in Eleutheria for lore reasons. You’ll be able to get your hands on it again once our third region is released.
We’ve also altered the movement parameters of all the available locomotives so that they handle differently. While all locomotives share the same maximum speed, some like the Bedivere will reach that top speed much quicker than other locomotives. Some like the Parzival have a lower skid suppression so are a bit harder to handle, but are much nippier in battle. Others are steadier but don’t take corners quite as quick. We hope you have fun finding the perfect locomotive for your needs and that you’ll leave us feedback on the forums.
We’ve added a bunch of new equipment, available at New Winchester and London, along with higher tier weapons!
Higher tier equipment, weapons and scouts now have quality requirements. If requirements have been added to items that you have equipped on your existing save game, you may no longer meet the requirements. If this is the case you will not receive their bonuses after the Roleplay update, however they will not be automatically unequipped from your locomotive. Because of this you may see some unusual behaviour with your cargo number. Unequipping the item will resolve this. More details can be found here.
In the future we will implement a method for notifying players that they no longer meet the requirements for equipped items when their stats drop through storylets and other actions.
We’ve also tweaked equipment tooltips so that they state the locomotive slot that they can be equipped to. No more guessing when purchasing new equipment.
- Agent movement is now halted when the chart is open.
- Some agent’s movement parameters have been tweaked, Reach Marauders are slightly faster for example.
- All Isambard Line assets, including the signal boxes, have been updated to look dilapidated and to fit with their region.
- Ambient messages are in place around the Isambard Line signal boxes.
- We’ve made some optimisations to the interfaces in game which will improve performance.
- The game now continues to run/load when you tab out.
- We’ve reorganised some of the quality categories to tidy up the Profile and Possessions interfaces.
- We’ve reduced the Gratitude cost when purchasing items like Ministry-Stamped Permits and Savage Secrets from factions like Victory Hall and the Ministry of Public decency.
- You are now rewarded with Sovereigns on handing in port reports rather than fuel and supplies. The amount you receive has also been buffed slightly.
- Wrath and Weather Halo mechanics will no longer cause exceptions which cause the game to freeze.
- Dreadnought bullets now despawn and do not spam the output log with exceptions.
- We’ve fixed exceptions that were fired when engaging Curators.
- The ? chart icon now updates when the player encounters Transit Relays after being found by oblivious scouts.
- Spectacles, Transit Relays and Persistent Discoveries are now marked with their correct icons on the chart when discovered without the aid of a scout.
- Spectacle, Transit Relay and Persistent Discovery icons now persist on the chart after reloading the game.
- Kickstarter backers can no longer obtain multiple Cyclopean Owls.
- The controller instructions no longer overflow the storylet interface when UI scale is increased.
- You can now back out of all sub-menus on the Options menu using a controller.
- Instructional text now displays correctly on the character creation screen.
- Highlighting on Origin choices no longer persists if selecting a different Origin on the character creation screen.
- We have changed the wording on some origins and histories so they are less confusing on the summary panel of the character creation screen.
- Interface tooltips are no longer tied to the cursor.
- We’ve fixed the stretching in the Curator animation.
- Label overlap on the chart has been drastically reduced.
- Isambard Line assets are now correctly aligned on the chart.
Below is a list of known issues. For a full list of game issues see our Known Issues page.
- The Altani has not been reverted to three auxiliary slots yet (and will not be available again until Eleutheria is released).
- There are a few typos in the Officer’s ambient messages.
- The Fatalistic Signalman’s ambient message for Magdalene’s is firing at Polmear & Plenty’s.
- The Officer’s chat interface can be opened over the top of navigation interfaces.
- You cannot currently open navigation interfaces alongside the Officer chat interface.
- The new Character Progression screen is affected by UI Scale.
- Locomotive descriptions on the engine yard interface is affected by Font Scale.
- The player’s avatar is affected by UI Scale when creating a new character – if not set to defaults then the avatar will be blank.
- The new Character Creation screen is affected by Font and UI Scale.
- Some of the Ambition text is cut off on the Character Creation screen.
- Icons are stretched on the Chart legend.
- The chart does not focus on the player when it is opened in Albion for the first time.
- Tooltips do not work on the victory screen.
- The game fade-out and victory screen fade-in overlap.
- The red wrath lights on mechanical agents do not turn off once they disengage/flee.
- Red wrath lights on mechanical agents are not toggled on on secondary agents during ‘wrath chaining’ (e.g. when you anger a Tackety and his buddy comes over to help him fight, the lights will remain white).
- The headlight toggle is not currently mapped to controller support.
- The headlight toggle SFX is only in place on the Spatchcock.
- Purchasing a new locomotive with your headlight off will cause your new ship to load with the headlight on visually, but not functionally – i.e. you’ll gain double Terror while the light is ‘on’. You need to turn it off and on again to restore proper functionality.
- After purchasing a new locomotive with your headlight off you need to press L twice to turn off the headlight on your new locomotive.