As long as fan works (creative products set in the Fallen London universe such as fan fiction, artwork, blogs, podcasts, fanvids, wikis and so forth) follow these guidelines, you’re welcome to proceed without asking permission:
- Don’t make money from fan works without our prior approval. (This does not include YouTube Let’s Play or review videos. We are happy for monetized review channels to feature our games.)
- Please include the following statement in a reasonably prominent manner: “Fallen London is © 2019 and ™ Failbetter Games Limited: www.fallenlondon.com. This is an unofficial fan work.”
- You may use Fallen London, Sunless Sea and Sunless Skies assets, such as their logos and artwork (but not other Failbetter Games assets, or the soundtrack recordings), in your fan work – within reason.
- You own your fan work (apart from the pre-existing parts which you derived from the Fallen London universe, e.g. artwork or characters, which remain our property) and you’re responsible for it.
- Please do not impersonate Fallen London characters or use Fallen London characters, places or other names as your in-game name or as your account name in social media or elsewhere online.
- These guidelines are separate to the StoryNexus terms and conditions, which will apply separately to you if you want to use StoryNexus in your fan works.
- The team don’t read or link to fan fiction, but we may occasionally share fanart on our social channels. To be clear: we do not owe you anything regarding your fan works.
- These guidelines apply only to the Fallen London universe and not to any of our other work (e.g. Dragon Age: the Last Court, which belongs to BioWare).
If you’re unsure of any of this, please email email@example.com with details of what you’d like to make and we can offer advice.
(last updated: 1st April 2019)