In order to help us find and fix bugs during Sunless Skies development, we will be holding a closed alpha, beginning 5th June!
This alpha will help us find technical bugs and discover initial player experience within the framework of Sunless Skies.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
If you are interested in being involved with the development of the game and aiding the production of Sunless Skies, we’d love to have you join our alpha list. Joining the alpha means experiencing Sunless Skies in a very unpolished state, without all features implemented, and plenty of bugs.
If that doesn’t sound appealing to you, it’s best to wait for Early Access, which will begin this summer, where players will be able to experience a more complete piece of Sunless Skies while we’re still in development. Early Access will start with a single region available to players in a close-to-finished state.
Alpha testing will begin the 5th of June and run until the end of July. During this time, we will invite people from the alpha list in batches to help us test Sunless Skies, so it’ll be important to keep an eye on your email for your invitation link.
- Must have a Steam account you can use
- PC/Mac/Linux operating system
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a variety of people to help us test the alpha!
- People who have played Failbetter games before
- PC gamers who haven’t played our games before (especially RPG fans)
- Players with accessibility requirements, so we can build Sunless Skies with specific accessibility feedback in mind
- People who have QA or previous testing experience (though not required!)
For those invited, we’d of course ask you to install and play the Sunless Skies alpha. Each batch will be involved for at least two weeks, though you are free to help us test until the alpha ends! We will be looking for you to report any bugs you find, along with your general thoughts on the game so far.
If all of that sounds good to you, we’d love to have you help us test Sunless Skies! We expect to be inundated with requests, so it’s important to note that joining the list doesn’t guarantee being invited to the alpha.
- This is a closed alpha, so not everyone is guaranteed to get in
- Only join the alpha if you don’t mind an unpolished state of play full of bugs
- You need a Steam account to help us test
- PC/Mac/Linux alpha will start 5th June
- alpha will close at the end of July
- You will not be able to carry through your character into Early Access