Build Version: 188.8.131.52.e51bc7cfe
Release Date: 04/04/2018
The High Wilderness’ second region: Albion
Albion is finally here. A whole new region for you to discover, exploit and (mostly likely) meet your untimely end in! Albion is beautiful but deadly, survival here is harder than in the Reach. Do you have what it takes to make it, or will you crawl back to the verdant green landscapes of the Reach with your smoke trail between your legs?
To access Albion you will need to travel through the Reach-Albion Transit Gate which is located not far from Port Prosper. Head in a clockwise direction from Prosper around the rim of the Reach. Once there grab yourself a travel permit at which is free during Early Access. You’ll then need a Ministry-Stamped Permit for first class travel or two Barrels of Unseasoned Hours for second class (available at various ports around the Reach including Port Prosper).
We don’t want to spoil too much as we’re keen for you to explore and let us know what you think, but in brief Albion contains:
- Nine new ports.
- Five new agents (Scorn-Flukes, Curators, Star-Maddened Explorers, Glorious and Deranged Dreadnoughts).
- Six new Spectacles (have fun finding out if they are Horrors or Wonders).
- New transient Discoveries (Weft of Unravelled Time, Squirmings, Pardoner Eels, Grim Inscriptions and many others).
- New persistent Discoveries: Wreck of the Boatman and Well of the Wolf (which like Old Tom’s Well has a Spectacle-like Terror effect).
- The Altani-class Outrider available at the London engineyard.
- New equipment to boost your Quarters, Hold and Hull.
- Equipment which grants the Assaying quality (which you’ll need for all the eels and squirmings).
- Albion Prospects and Bargains.
- New Discoveries in the Reach: Fragments of the past, large Bronzewood pieces and fungal infested meteoroids.
- New quality and focus icons throughout the Reach (be aware there are still a number of placeholder quality icons in game).
- You can now interact with persistent discoveries more than once without having to leave and re-enter the segment.
- Homesteads now spawn correctly in Magdalene’s and Polmear & Plenty’s segments.
- Collision damage has now been applied to asteroids in the Magdalene’s area.
- Qualities are now removed from the Journal once they are reset (as opposed to when they are completed).
- We made a change so that the in-game messages near Lustrum are easier to read.
- The venting animation on the Parzifal-class locomotives is now aligned correctly.
- We’ve fixed the scroll on the Hold section of the bank interface.
- The auto-docking system no longer puts a player’s locomotive at an angle.
- You will no longer receive Hull damage when entering docks at angles.
- The camera no longer shakes when entering docks at angles.
- The level-up animation on locomotives is once again correctly aligned.
- Lustrum: The Mountain Beckons now shows in the journal.
- We’ve standardised the spelling of Dreadnought across the game.
- The avatar tooltip no longer appears on the Character Progression screen if opened while it is displayed.
- Crew can no longer be exceeded on the Homestead storylets.
- We’ve cleared up the confusion with the Amenable Host when speaking to him after the death of your previous captain.
- Hidden looting qualities now randomise correctly so you’ll see more looting opportunities for mechanical agents.
- The Headstrong Strongwoman’s dialogue is now accurate according to whether or not her flyers need posting.
- The Phlegmatic Researcher’s now continues to pay you for bringing him items for his private research.
- Handing in Hybras Pus to the Phlegmatic Researchers for private research no longer moves you out of the storylet.
- Damage to buildings at Titania from the Chorister Hive is now reported correctly.
- We’ve corrected some typos at the Leadbeater and Stainrod Nature Reserve.
Albion Known Issues
- Below is a list of known Albion issues. For a full list of game issue see our Known Issues page.
- The Interact prompt appears over the top of the transit gates once activated.
- Prospects are available at the Avid Horizon rather than bargains.
- Worlebury label can be partly obscured with fog (depending on the segment it spawns in).
- There’s some z-fighting near Tuxeed Point.
- Blocking is missing on a few assets in Brabazon.
- The headlight passes over the port/dock asset at The Royal Society (Airy House) and two asteroids in the Mausoleum segment.
- The transit gate activation audio repeats on arrival in a new region.
- The transit gate arrival audio is not yet in place.
- Scorn-flukes are not muted when SFX volume is 0%.
- The chart text does not update to say Albion when you move to that region.